1. BRITISH COUNCIL-UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE
2. GREEK-AMERICAN UNION-UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGANZE
- LOWER (or First Certificate) :
The first Certificate which certifies basic knowledge of the
- PROFICIENCY : With the Cambridge/Michigan
Certificate in Proficiency you attain competency of the English
language. It is the highest recognized Certificate.
- TOEFL: This requires special
preparation. This Toelf Certificate allows you to enter English
speaking Universities in America, Canada etc. Examinations take
place every two months.
- IELTS: This also requires special
preparation. This IELTS Certificate allows you to enter English
speaking Universities in Great Britain. Examinations take place
every two months.
FRENCH STATE INSTITUTE
- DELF: Unité 1 et 2 and Unité
3 et 4. DELF is the equivalent to Certificat.
- Superieur I, Superieur II, Superieur
III : You can attain these Certificates while studying
exclusively at the French Institute.
- Sorbonne I, Sorbonne II, Sorbonne III
: In order to attain the Sorbonne II Certificate you
must have passed successfully the examinations for Sorbonne
I. With Sorbonne III you attain competency of the French language
through the French Academy.
- DALF: If you want to study in
France and you possess the DALF Certificate, you are exempted
from examinations. If you do not possess DALF then you have
to take part in one of the Sorbonne II level language tests.
- ZERTIFICAT: This Certificate
officially certifies knowledge of the German language.
- MITTELSTUFE: This Certificate
shows that candidates have expanded their knowledge of the German
language to a higher level.
- KLEINES SPRACHDIPLOM: After attaining
this Certificate, candidates are able to enter Universities
in Germany. These examinations take place only in Athens.
- GROSSES SPRACHDIPLOM: Candidates
who possess this Certificate are able to attain competency and
teach the German language.These examinations take place only
ITALIAN STATE INSTITUTE - UNIVERSITA DI SIENA-PERUGIA
- CELI 4-5: This is the official
Italian Certificate which certifies Italian language knowledge
and is obtained from the University of Perugia via the Italian
State Institute in Greece. While possessing CELI 5 candidates
are able to enter the Italian State Institute and obtain competency
of the language, after two years of studies. These examinations
take place only in Athens.
- CILS 4: This is the official
Italian Certificate which certifies knowledge of the Italian
language and is obtained from the University of Siena via the
Italian State Institute in Greece. These examinations take place
only in Athens.
SPANISH EMBASSY-CERVANTES INSTITUTE
- BASICO: This is equivalent to
Lower. It certifies the basic knowledge of the Spanish language.
These examinations take place only in Athens.
- SUPERIORE : This is the highest
Spanish Certificate. You cannot teach, however, unless you attain
competency in Spain. This gives you the opportunity to continue
studies in Spain. These examinations take place only in Athens.